Train with David
Are you a clinician, practitioner, doctor, and healthcare provider?
Consult with David to provide holistic, integrative care for your clients.
David’s draws on his 40 years of study, teaching, and clinical practice of Chinese, Ayurvedic, and Tibetan medical systems in his one-on-one professional consultations.
David offers consultations and trainings to medical and healthcare professionals, including:
- How to integrate herbs and natural treatments into your practice of allopathic medicine.
- As an herbalist, increase your knowledge and clinical expertise in botanical medicine with mentoring and cross-cultural herbal traditions.
- Consult on complex and challenging cases where his expert insights can offer valuable guidance.
- Avoid common clinical errors such as overuse of detoxification.
- Principles of Clinical-Level Self-Care (see below).
Principles of Clinical-Level Self-Care
David’s consultations are much more than guidance in using herbal medicine: they are mentoring and training to become a “clinical-level self-care practitioner."
This level of self-care goes beyond daily health routines and includes:
- Understanding how past conditions can lead to complex immunological and inflammatory conditions.
- Understanding organ interactions, such as the gut-brain axis and other paired systems.
- Developing higher levels of body awareness for self-diagnosis and self-treatment.
- Developing critical thinking skills to identify common trendy and wastebasket diagnosis, dangerous marketing claims; and common detoxification methods that have little to no value.
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of allopathic and natural medicine, so that each can be used appropriately and to avoid use when it is not the best option.
- Knowing what conditions herbal medicine treats best, with the most reliable positive outcomes.
- Studying medications before you start them.
- Establishing preliminary health practices to create optimum conditions for natural medicine to work.
- Establishing realistic expectations and measuring progress when using your unique herbal program.
- Avoiding repeated or ongoing detoxification programs that deplete the body.
- Knowing when to attack microbes, when to support terrain immunity and when to do both.
- Knowing how to restore health after repeated antibiotics and other antimicrobial drugs.
- Understanding positive and negative herb/drug interactions.
David Crow has been a clinician, consultant, researcher, and educator in the field of natural medicine for over 40 years. A world-renowned speaker, author and thought leader, David emphasizes reimagining healthcare and empowering individuals to become their own self-care experts.
As a teacher, David has taught extensively for more than two decades. He has been a top faculty member at The Shift Network since 2015, where over 100,000 students have attended his events and taken his courses. He pioneered and hosted The Shift Network’s most popular annual Plant Medicine Summit, which has been attended by over 500,000 people from more than 120 countries.