Consult with David
David draws on his 40 years of study, teaching, and clinical practice of Chinese, Ayurvedic, and Tibetan medical systems in his one-on-one consultations.
One of the world’s foremost experts on botanical medicine and spiritual lineages from the Asian, European, and American traditions, he creates a holistic treatment plan based on your needs.
David treats thousands of people all over the world through his telemedicine practice. You can consult with David from the comfort and privacy of your home on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Discover Clinical-Level Self-Care with David
Create your own personalized, effective natural medicine plan — a therapeutic
strategy based on your individual needs.
Your body, your health history, your family history, your environment, your experiences, your life — are all unique to you. No matter what you are dealing with, or the way it is manifesting, David will help you develop a holistic healing program that works for you.
One of his specialties is collaborating with doctors of various modalities and treating patients on pharmaceutical medications, which requires a high level of expertise in herb/drug interactions. He offers deep and practical insights to help you navigate the complexities of diagnosis and treatment, as well as recovery, prevention, and rejuvenation.
David will assist you to successfully work with other doctors and practitioners to get the best quality healthcare possible using integrated and complementary therapies, as you become an expert in your own healing and self-care.
Principles of Clinical-Level Self-Care
David’s consultations are much more than guidance in using herbal medicine: they are mentoring and training to become a “clinical-level self-care practitioner."
This level of self-care goes beyond daily health routines and includes:
- Understanding how past conditions can lead to complex immunological and inflammatory conditions.
- Understanding organ interactions, such as the gut-brain axis and other paired systems.
- Developing higher levels of body awareness for self-diagnosis and self-treatment.
- Developing critical thinking skills to identify common trendy and wastebasket diagnosis, dangerous marketing claims; and common detoxification methods that have little to no value.
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of allopathic and natural medicine, so that each can be used appropriately and to avoid use when it is not the best option.
- Knowing what conditions herbal medicine treats best, with the most reliable positive outcomes.
- Studying medications before you start them.
- Establishing preliminary health practices to create optimum conditions for natural medicine to work.
- Establishing realistic expectations and measuring progress when using your unique herbal program.
- Avoiding repeated or ongoing detoxification programs that deplete the body.
- Knowing when to attack microbes, when to support terrain immunity and when to do both.
- Knowing how to restore health after repeated antibiotics and other antimicrobial drugs.
- Understanding positive and negative herb/drug interactions.